Tao Po? by Jen Tarnate
Tao Po: "To Bigger and Bigger Things..."

November 27, 2015

"To Bigger and Bigger Things..."

Don't you just love the feeling of take off? 

Every time I'd get on a plane, I'd remember my very first plane ride when I was young. I saved up my measly allowance for a trip with my mom and my sister. 

Since we were young, we were trained to take care of our own expenses, as we didn't have much money. I'd like to think that early on, I learned how to be responsible. I also learned that I was meant to move. 

That first plane ride will be one of my most important memories. 

We were on our way to Hong Kong. 








It's nice to go back to the same place with different loved ones. You somehow find it different each time you go. 

This time I was with Chynna, who's been my best friend waaaay back when chatting over the phone for hours was a thing. In all its awkwardness, we witnessed each other grow into the people we are now (full bangs, cheer dancing, Dashboard Confessional and all)

We've been there for each other's successes and heartbreaks. There were a lot of both, and a lot of acceptance in between.

We'd always say that if we met each other now, we won't end up as friends. We're just so different. That's why it works. 




In HK (and Macau) we were always in transit- walking, on buses, ferries, trams. We kept on planning to just sit down and talk. Just let everything sink in. But each time, we found ourselves moving again. I guess we didn't need time to think of what's next. We never planned. We just responded to what we saw, heard, felt at the moment. 

Confusion and all. It was all part of it. It's always been part of us.









And now we're here. 

"On to bigger and bigger things", as Chynna would say each year.


*Hardly took photos during the trip so these are a combination of photos taken with the DSLR and camera phone.

No comments :

Post a Comment