Tao Po? by Jen Tarnate
Tao Po: Lanikai: Davao Photo Diary

November 6, 2015

Lanikai: Davao Photo Diary

This is my first time to visit Mindanao. This is also my last shoot out of town for LISTED this year. I'm glad that a 'first' and a 'last' both happened at quiet Lanikai. 

In Hawaiian, it means "heaven by the sea". Having traced the word's origin, I learned that it came from Ka'ohao, which conveys "tying or joining together". 

I find it a charming metaphor. 









What I love about taking photos when traveling is that I get to stay in these places even if the trip has long been over. 

This way, I guess it's possible to be in 2 places at the same time. 




A friend told me that it would be nice if I could share more photos right after every trip. I hope that somehow this attempt of a photo diary makes her proud. 

Most of the time, I have a hard time chasing after words so I end up not sharing. But another photographer friend also said that the thing about photographs is that I don't need to say anything. Just let them speak for themselves. 

I hope they tell you stories that words won't let me. I hope you like what they say. And if not, that's okay :)








*Photos were taken using Canon 7D and a phone cam.

No comments :

Post a Comment