Tao Po? by Jen Tarnate
Tao Po: Behind the Scenes

September 26, 2015

Behind the Scenes

TV and Film Production has somehow found its way to my every day. Even when I'm not working, my mind becomes restless for things to shoot and series to put together- sometimes even making me feel as if I'm in a movie myself. 

Have you ever had those 'The Truman Show' moments?



What's really interesting for me about shooting is how there could be 2 realities happening simultaneously, with only the camera to bisect one world from another. The names of said realities are "On-Cam" and "Off-Cam".




This is not to question whether TV or Cinema is truthful or not. That's a whole new exciting ballgame. I'm still learning.

I just want to share the moments in between- before the "Action", upon "Rolling", and after the "Cut". Sometimes the 2 narratives are similar, but most of the time they're worlds apart. 

But despite the difference is an important relationship. I want to recognize the people Off-Cam who work so hard to make On-Cam the way you see it on your screens.








From now on, I'll be compiling behind-the-scenes under the BTS collection. This first post is a throwback to our shoot for an interstitial (short segment aired between a show and a commercial) that we did last year for AXN.




So, what was the last video you've watched? :)

No comments :

Post a Comment